Muzvare Betty Makoni

Muzvare Betty Makoni
CNN Hero and Decade Child Rights Hero

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Maya Angelou inspirational and empowerment inheritance makes us all worth

The day I took the poem Still I Rise and started feeling it in my whole system is the day I proclaimed freedom.Maya Angelou spoke to my inner self and touched my soul to an extent I felt Rising to be the only option .What a great legacy she left us. Some words are the heritage we pass on.They are rich in meaning and they keep the echo Still I rise, Still I rise ....I personally said she is a Mountain and a superhero.She is the poem and the poetry in the Poem.Now it feels as if we will thrive for centuries because of her words. In the picture there I attended a conference on her other work on Women, health well being and I came from this workshop a new woman leader.That's how powerful Maya was.Even in her absence I just felt her strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment